Tuesday, December 1, 2009

My name is Michaela and I am an addict!

Hello! My name is Michaela and I am addicted to half-priced designer retail...




Everyone has a deep, dark empty void in their heart that can only be filled with one thing---love. And if you can't get enough of that from your jerk boyfriend, parents, friends or domestic pet, then there is only one thing that you can do...find an ADDICTION! I cover the loneliness/void with adorable layers, the softness of silk, the sweet smell of italian leather and the soft shimmer of metallic accents and beading....*sigh* my happy place...

It's funny though because there is a fine line between a having a healthy interest and an addiction. This is how you know you have crossed the line:

Do you lie about where you are going/are when someone close to you calls when you are out shopping?

Do you ever skip class or other obligations to hit the mall?

Have you ever answered "What? this? I have had this for like, forever!" (and secretly tuck in the tag) when asked when you got that adorable and expensive looking dress?

Have you ever lied about how much the clothes you just purchased cost (making it sound like you got a better deal than you did)?

Have you ever justified going into your savings or cut food out of your monthly budget in order to get those fantastic trendy boots you just saw?

Do you belong to those one-day sale websites like ideeli, Hautelook, or Ruelala?

Do you look down your nose at certain department stores? AKA JC Pennys, Sears, Mervins, and Kohls?

IF YOU HAVE ANSWERED YES to a majority of these questions then you are a RETAIL ADDICT! (and probably also a bit of a label snob)

In my blog I am going to show you all the cute outfits I make and talk about my shopping experiences and the trends I forecast or see already on the floor and share how I am dealing with being young, underpaid and addicted to retail.

KISSES!


No comments:

Post a Comment